You’ve made the decision to refinance your home so you can do those renovations you’ve been dreaming of for years – it’s an exciting time, and the possibilities are endless.
There are lots of home renovation projects that you could focus on, but nothing beats an upgraded bathroom.
Are you envisioning a renovation or a complete remodel?
What’s the difference?
Well… when you are renovating, you aren’t changing the layout of the room. Where the toilet sits now, is where it will sit after the renovation.
With remodelling, we are essentially starting from scratch.
As a society, we are starting to explore the benefits of self-care, and your bathroom is the perfect setting for taking care of yourself, and for bringing balance to your mind and body.
If your bathroom doesn’t facilitate that experience, we have the know-how to transform your bathroom into a self-care sanctuary.
Here are our top 3 suggestions on how to get the most for your money!
With any renovation, the first thing you need to consider is the space. Is it too small? In the rare case, is it too big?
When planning a bathroom remodel, consider if you need to add to the existing space. Is your current bathroom cramped, or can it only accommodate a small shower and sink?
Remodelling a bathroom space can range in price from $8,000 to over $80,000, depending on the size of the bathroom and if there are changes to the plumbing, electrical, framing, and if the drywall all have to be reinstalled.
But if you’re dreaming of a soaker tub next to your glassed-in shower surround, a remodel may be just what you need.
On the other hand, instead of enlarging the space, you can invest in space-maximizing bathroom fixtures such as his-and-hers sinks, low-profile cabinetry or shower stalls with a smaller footprint. These make your bathroom more functional without losing the light, airy, spaciousness that every bathroom needs.
This is the fun part. Bathroom fixtures are the permanent parts of your bathroom, such as your bathtub, shower, toilet, etc.
There are so many options! Here are some we recommend:
- Glassed in shower: this one is SO popular, and we get it because it makes your bathroom feel so open and airy. There are options for half glassed-in or glass sliding doors and more.
- Free-standing soaker tub: elegant, timeless and the epitome of self-care, soaker tubs are the ideal way to have a bath that soothes away stress and pain. You may even make a daily ritual of it!
- Toilets: heated seats, built-in bidets, water and energy conserving – you won’t regret splurging on something you use multiple times a day!
- Lighting: potlights or pendants, we love them all!
- Taps, faucets, etc: good quality hardware is costly but it will last a long time and look beautiful. May we also recommend a rain shower head?
#3 Fittings and Finishes
If you are going to splash out, focus on your fittings and finishes. This includes cabinetry, tiling, mirrors, and countertops. This is where you can really let your creativity go wild.
Some of our favourite things include:
- Wall-mounted vanities: this adds to the airy feeling of a bathroom, and as a bonus, they make it very easy to clean the floor underneath
- Marble countertops: durable and beautiful, and they never go out of style. We also love quartz and granite!
- Statement mirror: the mirror is the focal point of your bathroom, so choose a mirror-like you would choose a piece of art for your home
By now you are probably super excited about your bathroom makeover and we would love to chat with you about it.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!